Don’t let the sun sap your energy, 5 tips for a high energy week
Author: Russell SmithMay 27, 2012
What a glorious weekend it has been. Gorgeous sunshine, lovely food, lovely people, a real relaxing time.
But its now 11pm on Sunday evening, the WEEKED IS OVER!!!! It’s BACK TO WORK time!
Right now, your competitors are collapsing in their beds, sapped from the sun, maybe a hangover, the last thing on their mind is business growth. They will carry this mood into the office tomorrow morning and they will be groggy. Its also Monday morning, so they will be even slower….
which gives you an ideal 24 hours to catch up with your backlog, plan your week and kick the week off in a high energy way the likes of which has never seen before.
Yes, I have turned into some sort of pseudo accountant Mr Motivator but this week could be THE week where you get an edge on your competition. Here’s 5 tips on how to make this a high energy week.
1. Write down your ‘life plan on the bag of a fag packet’, literally spend 2 minutes writing down where you are going, what your aim in life is – don’t spend ages, just write it down and look at it every day.
2. Get into the office early twice this week OR stay up late twice. Work harder and longer than you have done before.
3. Drink lots of water. Seriously, take care of yourself.
4. The most successful business owners don’t do a huge amount different to a normal business owner, they just do the tasks that others don’t want to do. Just think of your worst tasks and get them done this week – no excuses
5. Get some responsibility away from your business. Like me, I’m sure you have no time. This morning I helped organise a children’s church get together. I had no time to do this but I still got it done. Why? Because I love kids work and church AND I’m aware of the ‘more’ principle. The more you do, the more energy you’ll have. I could have simply sat on my butt this morning watching the Andrew Marr show, how much energy would that have given me? Not much. Do more, get more energy, stretch yourself.
Have a great week and enjoy the sun (though not too much!).