Personal Tax Return and Self Employed Accounts

As a self-employed or individual (or sole trader – same thing), you need to complete a personal tax return every year – up to 5 April and submit the tax return by 31 January where you pay the tax on your earnings.

Your earnings will be self-employed and could be employed as well (you can be both!).

If your tax bill is over £1,000 you’ll have to pay tax on 31 July as well and watch out for your first tax bill, if this is over £1,000, you have to pay one year and a half’s worth.

We work with hundreds of self-employed individuals all over the country, some have been clients for 10 years!

Thinking of going self-employed? Our article explains why it is a good idea to hire an accountant to guide you through the process. Alternatively, speak to one of our expert accountants in Leeds who will be more than happy to help.

Book a No Fee, No Obligation meeting with award winning chartered accountants.
  • *Find out what your HMRC and Companies House deadlines are
    *Find out how to save tax
    *Find out how to increase profits and manage your cash